Green Chile Pasta Dough
Green chile powder, cumin, and garlic make this unique pasta rich with Southwestern flavor.
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons green chile powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 9 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of water
- Combine flour, and salt well using a broad spoon.
- Place all wet ingredients into a mixing bowl and add saffron.
- Whip eggs, oil, water, and saffron together briskly breaking up yolks and saffron.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry in a large bowl.
- Mix with a fork to moisten the four and it starts to stick together.
- Knead the flour in the bowl using your fist until flour begins to take on a solid form, folding the mass over, pushing and turning it then folding again.
- When you've formed a cohesive wad of dough, take the dough from the bowl and turn it out onto a small work surface lightly dusted with four.
- continue kneading until four is cohesive and smooth and shiny on the outside. Add small amounts of water, or flour as needed to create a dough that is neither to sticky or too hard.
- Wrap the dough with plastic wrap and let sit, at room temperature for 1/2 hour.