Pan-Seared Chicken with Artichokes and Pasta
- 1 (6-ounce) jar marinated artichoke heart quarters, undrained
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs (about 1½ pounds)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Cooking spray or small amount of olive oil
- ½ cup sliced green onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 4 cups hot cooked spiral pasta such as fusilli (about 2½ cups uncooked)
- 1 tablespoon chopped pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 (14.5 ounce) canned diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh Parmesan cheese
1. Drain artichokes in a colander over a bowl, reserving marinade.
2. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper; coat with oil or cooking spray.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; sauté 3 minutes on each side. Add onions and garlic; sauté 1 minute. Stir in reserved artichoke marinade and wine, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and stir in artichokes, pasta, olives, and tomatoes. Cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with cheese.
Yield: 4 servings