Spiced Lobster Saté
- 3 cooked lobster tails, shelled and split, each tail cut into 6 pieces
- ¼ cup Balinese thousand-spice sauce (recipe here)
- 6 lemon grass stalks
- 2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 red bird chilies, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 lime, cut into 6 wedges
- In a large bowl, toss the lobster and the sauce until well-coated. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Cut the tough, thin ends from the lemongrass stalks for use as skewers, and reserve the tender middle portions for another use. Carefully slide 3 lobster pieces onto each lemongrass skewer.
- Preheat broiler or a grill. Broil or grill the lobster, turning once, until browned and just heated through, about 2½ minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, over medium-high heat, heat the oil. Add the chilies, garlic and shallot and cook until lightly browned and soft, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer the lobster skewers to a serving platter, top with the chili mixture and surround with the lime wedges. Serve immediately.
Yield 6 servings